The SARA Learning Station is your one-stop shop to access NC-SARA's resources for learning about SARA. Learning resources for institutions have been developed in collaboration with our Regional Compact partners and SARA State Portal Entities. Institutions should always check with their SARA State Portal Entity for any state-specific requirements.
SARA Quick Start Guides
When institutions participate in SARA, they agree to a set of compliance requirements as detailed in the SARA Policy Manual. SARA Quick Start Guides are intended to help institutions easily understand SARA requirements to help them maintain compliance, communicate with colleagues regarding SARA, and explain SARA to students and other stakeholders.
Online Courses for Learning About SARA
NC-SARA has developed the following online courses to support prospective or current SARA-participating institutions in learning more about how SARA works as well as the requirements for institutional participation. These courses are free and available to the public. To get started, register and create an account for the SARA Learning Station (NC-SARA's learning management system) using the code provided below. The two courses available in the SARA Learning Station are:
SARA 101: An Overview of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
- In this course, participants learn about the history, features, and value of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA). SARA 101 is the foundation of the NC-SARA educational programs offerings.
Foundations of NC-SARA Annual Data Reporting
- In this course, participants will learn about NC-SARA's annual data reporting that SARA-participating institutions complete, including why SARA policy requires annual data reporting, what data are reported and when, and how the data are analyzed and shared. In addition, the course addresses how the data may be used, and provides suggestions for coordinating annual data reporting activities for your institution. This course may be helpful as an introduction to the NC-SARA Data Reporting Handbook for Institutions, which is available on the Institution Directions for Data Reporting page of the NC-SARA website.
How to Register for the SARA Learning Station Online Courses
- Click on the Register for the SARA Learning Station button below
- Enter your name and email into the form
- Enter the code SARA101
- Check your email to finalize the registration process
- Once you are signed in, you will find the courses in the Content Library
- Get started learning!
In The Field: NC-SARA's Institution Conference
In the Field is NC-SARA's annual conference for participating institutions. Resources, slides, and recordings of the 2021 conference are available at the link below, and that's also where you will soon be able to register for the 2022 conference.
Visit NC-SARA's Webinars page to register for upcoming webinars as well as to watch recordings and review slides and materials from those that have already taken place!
NC-SARA is committed to making our learning resources accessible. Should you need any of these resources in alternative formats, please email us at email@example.com so we can work together to address your needs.